I traveled this weekend to New Jersey for my Uncle Frank's funeral. It is always difficult leaving the kids, but for some reason it was really hard this time.
It was around 10:30 Saturday night and I am sound asleep. My phone rings and it is Billy. He told me that he missed me and he wanted to call and say hello. He sounded like he was 10. That phone call made me feel so good I had a hard time going back to sleep. Billy is an amazing kid.
He also has a memory that is unbelievable. He told me a story today about the time we went to the gym by Chic-fil-a and we had to leave because he was crying. Billy was two and a half when that happened. Even I had forgotten about it.
He has matured into quite an amazing young man. Whenever we pass an accident, he begins to pray for the people involved. While we taught him that a while back, it really shows his maturity that he wants to do something like that at age 5. I couldn't be more proud of him.
One more thing- the Phillies snack cup helmets were a huge hit. I was in Philly this weekend and bought all the kids Phillies stuff (Sofia a pink Phillies hat, Jake a Phillies monkey, and Billy some snack cups that look like baseball helmets). He loved them. He took them to school today and ate his snacks out of them.
Jake loved the monkey. Sofia, well, maybe one day she will like the pink Phillies hat.
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment