Monday, January 7, 2008

"Training" and "Catorce"

Training! Talk about something that has taken on a life of its own. “Training” started probably 2.5 years ago. Sofia was on our bed running in place, and someone, probably Bill, said “Sofia is training”. From that point on, “training” meant running to the bed as fast as possible and jumping and wrestling like animals. It is more fun than you can imagine and the kids love it almost as much as I do. We go “training” every night.

Last night, we were wrestling in the living room. The kids take all of the cushions off of the couch, put them on the floor, and then jump off the couch onto the cushions. Billy is so big that he often times rattles my cage. Once, I was lying on the floor, not even knowing he was in the room, and he cannon-balled me in the back. I thought I was going to the hospital.

Another thing we do is “catorce”. This is another silly thing that has taken on a life of its own. It is taken from the U2 song “Vertigo” when Bono opens the song with “Unos, dos, tres, catorce”. The kids will go to the door, I will say “Unos, dos, tres, catorce” and they run and tackle me. They love it, especially Sofia.

I am going to miss these times terribly when they get older.

No comments: